Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Maps and Atlases

This indie band are awesome.

Maps & Atlases, a four man indie rock band, made up of Shiraz Dada (bassist), Chris Hainey (drummer), Dave Davison (guitar & vocals) and Erin Elders (guitarist), first got together in Chicago back in 2004. To date they have released 2 EPs and a full length debut album "Perch Patchwork" (2010).

Although not particularly mainstream, this band have sure done a lot of touring; supporting the likes of  Portugal. The man, Ra Ra Riot, and Foals.  Although I only came across this band because a friend had told me to check them out, I must say I am quite the fan. As someone who loves a catchy tune and an uptempo beat, this band was immediately my cup of tea! I urge you to check them out - they're good!



Tour dates:
3rd March. The Ruby Lounge - Manchester, UK
4th March. Brudenell Social Club - Leeds, UK
6th March. Dingwalls - London, UK
7th March. The Green Door Store - Brighton, UK
8th March. The Louisiana - Bristol, UK

No comments: