Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Previous Mumford and Sons Review (with current tour dates)

 An album launch party like no other.

Three times I have now seen this band, and they just keep getting better and better. In a previous post I wrote:

"I love everything about Mumford and Sons; their songs, their charisma, their attitude, and their voices. I have been fortunate enough see Mumford & Sons live twice, once at Glastonbury Music Festival and once in New York. They definitely didn't disappoint! Each gig was performed flawlessly."

After seeing them last night perform at the Roundhouse in Camden, London for the iTunes Festival, I can safely say this band is in my top three best live performances I have seen to date. As well as performing some of their well known and popular singles (Little Lion Man, The Cave, Roll Away Your Stone), Mumford and Sons performed many tracks from their newly released album (24th Sept) "Babel."

The evenings set list included:  Lovers' Eyes, Little Lion Man, White Blank Page, Not With Haste, Below My Feet, Timshel, Roll Away Your Stone, Lover of the Light, Thistle & Weeds, Ghosts That We Knew, Awake My Soul, Whispers in the Dark, Dust Bowl Dance.
Encore: Where Are You Now? I Will Wait, The Cave.

For me the highlight of the night was seeing Mumford and Sons do a stripped performance of Timshel (see short clip below). As soon as the four guys began their acoustic performance the crowd were in complete silence. It was incredible to watch the band at its simplest: just voices and emotion.


Another highlight for me was when they performed the new single "Where are you now" from their new album "Babel."   It was the first time I had heard this track, and I personally fell in love with it instantly. I found it to be an immensely emotional single that anyone could relate to.


It was safe to say the crowd had a great night too. The crowd was of all ages, but that is irrelevant, for as soon as the four men walked onto the stage the whole crowd went wild. The jam packed Roundhouse had an electric atmosphere - people singing, screaming, applauding and dancing along to all their songs (old and new) for the duration of their show.

Overall it was a brill night. If you get the chance you MUST see this band.

Tour Dates:
2nd June. MCU Park - Brooklyn, Coney island, NY (US)
3rd June. MCU Park - Brooklyn, Coney island, NY (US)
5-6th June. Gotr Seaside heights, Stopover, New Jersey (US)
28th - 30th Aug. Reading & Leeds Festival (UK)

For more information on their tour dates check out: http://www.mumfordandsons.com/

For more reviews on Mumford & Sons click on the following links:
Gentleman of the Road Review (2013)
Mumford & Sons (2012)






No comments: