Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

James Blake

Dubstep meets mainstream.

James Blake is an electronic music singer/songwriter from London. In July 2011 James Blake was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize for his self titled debut album "James Blake."

Blake got his first big break in 2010 when he released his cover of "Limit to Your Love" by Feist. Following this single, Blake was placed on 'BBC's Sound of 2011' and runner up in the 'BRIT Awards' Critic's Choice.'

I am a huge fan of this guy. Not only has he worked with great artists like Bon Iver, but he is able to produce music that is so different from anything else currently in the charts. In particular I absolutely love his track I Only Know (What I Now Know) due to the clash of chill vibes with chaotic beats. While some may think this song is total rubbish, I believe it is truly genius and I honestly can't get enough of it.

With his impressive vocal harmonies mixed in with electronic sounds, this artist is by no means everyones cup of tea. But for those of you, who like me, can't get enough of James Blakes' music, look out for him - he is a must see!


Tour Dates:
9th May. Terminal 5 - NYC

For more information regarding tour dates and tickets check out, http://www.songkick.com/artists/591219-james-blake/calendar?page=2

No comments: