Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Warpaint Music Gig

This fairly unknown band is definitely one to look out for. I am a big fan of this band and expect them to grow a lot in popularity as they start touring around more. This band is originally  from Los Angeles and have been together since 2004, however due to only touring around LA many people have never come across them. I randomly heard this band when their song "Shadows" was playing on the radio back in the UK. Their voices remind me of artisits like Cat Power and Zola Jesus, whilst their songs remind me of The XX. They have a very unique sound which can instantly recognized when listening to songs from their album "The Fool." This is certainly a gig I want to get tickets for.



Tour dates:
21st Feb. O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - Shepherds Bush, UK.
30th Mar. Brooklyn Bowl - NYC
31st Mar. The Bowery Ballroom - NYC

No comments: